Creating a Culture of Empathy
Empathetics’ online, evidence-based training is proven to raise patient experience scores and reduce clinician burnout and turnover. Our accredited courses have delivered significant results for hospitals and healthcare systems and are grounded in the E.M.P.A.T.H.Y.® approach.*
Healthcare providers and staff participate in the eLearning programs, and our train-the-trainer programs teach facilitators how to conduct workshops. We recommend a blended learning experience that combines self-paced eLearning and cohort workshops to deepen the impact of your empathy training.
Foundational Curriculum for Clinicians
3 eLearning Courses, each delivers 1 hour of learning in mini-modules and earns 1 US CME or CEU credit:
- Enhancing Empathy in Healthcare
- Managing Difficult Medical Interactions
- Communicating Bad News
Science-based lessons illuminate physiological responses to negative and positive interactions, as well as including proprietary facial expression decoding tools.
Additional eLearning Courses include:
- Front-Line Non-Clinical Staff: Instruction for clerks, front desk people, operators, etc.
- Informed Consent and the Preoperative Conversation
- Nurse Teams: Addressing Generational Differences in Nurse Teams, Improving Nurse-Patient Communication, Improving Interprofessional Team Communication and Interactions.
Train-the-trainer programs prepare your facilitators to lead guided discussions and simulations that allow clinical and non-clinical staff to personalize and practice the course concepts. The workshop facilitator training is designed to pair with the e-learning courses. This learning strategy serves as an opportunity to deepen and customize the Empathetics web-based curriculum by allowing participants to apply their learning to actual patient interactions that have challenged their own confidence and empathy.
Prepare your facilitators to lead workshops that bring the eLearning to life: (Full Day)
- Group exercises, simulation and guided discussions of actual patient interactions that have challenged confidence and empathy
Self-Empathy workshops that support depleted team members: (Half Day)
- Guiding recovery from crises, such as COVID-19
- Teaching strategies to prioritize self-care in daily life
- Building a community of peer support and a safe space for sharing challenges
- Reinforcing the relationship between wellness and the ability to work at top of one’s licenses
- Enhancing morale and alleviate burnout
Empathetics enterprise programs combine all offerings in custom implementations for cultural transformation.
- Enterprise Health Organizations
- Healthcare Systems
- Practice Groups
- Medical Schools
- Nursing Schools
- Medical Liability Insurers